Friday, April 13, 2007

My visit with Ashley

Ashley is coming to visit. I was soo excited cuz before I didn't have any friends coming down, and I really wanted to show someone around Santiago, plus I always have so much fun with Ashley. We decided to show them around Santiago the first few days, then we were planning on going to the coastal towns Valparaiso and then Viña del Mar. Valparaiso is an old port city where our packages from Chicago arrived by ship. And Viña del Mar is a very modern town with really nice beaches.



***
In Santiago we went to places like the Central Market and Santa Lucia. Central Market is a fish market and since I don't really like fish, I don't like going there. It smells really bad, and my salmon had 14 bones in it! At Central Market they have 3 big fountains and Ashley and I were splashing around in it and we got all wet. And Santa Lucia is one of the 2 big hills in Santiago. Ashley and I have decided that when we are older we are going to move to France and rebuild Santa Lucia there and live in it. We also had tea parties on our balcony, first Roxy and Christy served us and then we served them and then we served my mom and Ms. Carole. When we were in Valparaiso we saw one of Pablo Neruda's houses and they liked it a lot so we went to his house that is in Santiago, they liked that one, too. Then one day, we were just sitting around the house so we were looking at our travel books and we decided to go to a palace that was within walking distance. We didn't know it but when we got there, they had a display of armour. It was cewl!

When we were in Valparaiso we went to a really cool hotel! The next day we went to a restaurant that felt just like a boat. I had some really good salmon (salmon is one of the only fish I like). We also went to one of Pablo Neruda's houses (he has three). It was a really cool house, because it was just like a boat, it had the little round windows. And on the top floor there was a bunch of windows that looked out at Valparaiso City. Pablo Neruda once said that during a storm he would go up there and write poems because it felt like the wind was like the waves crashing up on a boat and you felt like you were lost out at sea. He won a Nobel Prize for his poetry.

Then we headed for Viña del Mar, like I said before, there are really nice beaches there, we went to one of them. When we were at the beach Ashley and I splashed around in the water until we were so cold we couldn't feel our toes! Also there is this really cool clock made out of flowers in Viña.

On the way home we saw a lunar eclipse. Then I had to say good-bye to Ashley. :(

for more pictures click below:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome Clock!!!!!!! Who is Pablo Neuda?